Optical brighteners are ideal whitening agents with the capacity to brighten colors and reduce yellow hues in your products. They achieve this by absorbing light in the UV spectrum and emitting it in the blue portion of the visible spectrum, thereby displaying more visible light than “absorbed” and making your products appear brighter and perceived as whiter. Our OB, 2,5-Bis[2-(5-tertbutyl-2-benzoxazoyl)] thiophene can contribute to a variety of applications from plastics and fibers to imaging and coatings and is able to be used in a variety of industries.
Plastics and Fibers Uses:
- Clean-looking white bristles and colored plastic on toothbrushes.
- Achieving a “tennis-white” look on sneakers.
- White boat sails with good light fastness characteristics.
Imaging and Coatings Uses:
- Security features on bank notes.
- A white, clean appearance on appliances such as washers/dryers and refrigerators.
- Bright, white golf balls that can be more easily spotted for retrieval.
- Photographic developing solutions for intense contrast between blacks and whites.
- Printed circuit boards, both as an adhesive for easy placement of components, as well as a UV filter to protect some areas during the UV curing process.
Features and Benefits of Use:
- Brilliant, bluish whitening effects
- Good light fastness
- Excellent resistance to heat
- High chemical stability
- Low volatility
- Readily soluble in organic solvents
- Good compatibility with most substrates
- FDA approved for indirect food contact
Aal Chem currently has a great opportunity on OB in 55.12# drums. If you have any questions, please contact us. We are happy to provide product information, samples, or pricing.